Green Card FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Welcome to our comprehensive Green Card FAQ. Please read and understand the following frequently asked questions
relating to the Green Card Lottery and the entire application process. Feel free
to contact us
in case you may have any additional questions regarding Green Cards.
- What is the Green Card Lottery Program?
- What does DV 2005 mean?
- What happens if I get a green card? What does a Green Card do for me?
- Can my immediate family join me if I get a green card by winning the Green Card Lottery?
- Can both I and my spouse apply for a green card?
- Can I enter my fiancée on my application?
- What are the requirements for listing children on the application?
- What is the next deadline for the Green Card Lottery?
- How do I know if I am eligible to apply for the Green Card Lottery?
- What are the minimum requirements to apply for a green card?
- What if I don’t meet the minimum requirements?
- How can I prove that I meet the requirements for education or work experience?
- Why are certain countries excluded from the Green Card Lottery?
- What if I am a citizen of one country that differs from my country of birth?
- Does it matter whether I am or am not in the U.S.?
- How many applications can I submit a year?
- Can I apply for a DV-2005 visa if I am already registered in another visa category (such as a student visa)?
- How are the winners chosen?
- How much does it cost to enter the lottery?
- What happens if I win?
- How do I file with Green Card Lottery USA Association?
- Is the application process difficult?
- What if I miss the application deadline?
- Will I be notified if I don’t win?
- What if some of my family members do not want to immigrate?
- Why do I need to use Green Card Lottery USA Association?
- Can I fill out an application for my friends?
- How old do I need to be to participate?
- When should I enter the lottery?
- What are some common mistakes that people make on their application?
- Do I have to immigrate if I win?